Thursday, June 15, 2006

The EXcounter

From the time we decided not to bring the car anymore on ordinary days but commute instead, my husband suspects that sooner or later, he and his ex-girlfriend’s paths would cross again since we’re just some blocks away from their residence and she also happen to work around the area within the vicinity of our office. Indeed it happened very soon.

The first encounter was a Friday night when we ate dinner first before going home since it’s already late. The three of us rode the same shuttle on our way home. =) I didn’t see her (or it’s because I already forgot how she looked like), my hubby did. It was only during halfway our ride when my hubby disclosed her to me and that’s the time I knew the reason why he’s very agitated from the moment we stepped into the shuttle. Immediately after the ride, we can’t help but to ask each other our thoughts and feelings. We had the same thought – “What was she thinking?” =)

The second meeting was prevented beforehand by my husband because he chose not to ride that shuttle. He saw her again at the front seat, I didn’t (as usual). We went home early that time so we opt to wait at the shuttle terminal just a block away in front of our office building. We thought we’ll not meet her there since it’s a bit far from where she work. She might be thinking the same too. All of us were wrong.

And the recent encounter was this morning on our way to the office while we were on queue waiting for a ride. She passed by us after disembarking from a jeepney since we’re in front of the queue. But this time my husband forewarned me about her presence that’s why I become aware. We doubted her lining up on a different queue. Perhaps to avoid the three of us riding the same shuttle again.

I only see scenes of encountering with an Ex on TV commercials. Never thought it can happen to us. It’s indeed such a small world.

No comments: