Thursday, September 14, 2006

The First Time I Loved Forever

During our meeting with the band that will play on our wedding, I was caught unprepared on my assignment of coming up with a song for my wedding march. There were a lot of titles they sang and suggested, usual favorites of the bride they said. But I never liked any of them. I sometimes don't settle for what is common. I always wanted to be unique. So to somehow show respect for their effort, I picked up a song from their list, temporarily, until I come up with the song of my own liking.

After cramming on some CDs and a lot of MP3 files saved to our PC, I instantly fell in love with this song after I’ve completely heard and read its lyrics. I chose it without any doubts and I never regret chosing it at all. My entrance at the church was never any more grand because of this song. It was very unique, solemn, lovely, full of emotions and touching. Even I cannot describe the way I felt while marching in the aisle. I told myself not to cry but the song hit me deeply, but still, I was able to manage a smirk.

Read on... this song says it all. I dedicate this to the only man in my life, my beloved Marvin.



Lyrics by Melanie Safka
Music by Lee Holdridge
Sung byLisa Angelle
(From "Beauty and the Beast")
With excerpts from the poem “Somewhere I Have Never Traveled, Gladly” by the American poet E.E. Cummings

Poem:
“Somewhere I have never traveled
Gladly beyond any experience
Your eyes have their silence
And your most frail gesture of things
Which enclose me
But which I cannot touch
Because they are too near.”


The first time I loved forever
Was when you whispered my name
And I knew at once you loved me
For the me of who I am

The first time I loved forever
I cast all else aside
And I bid my heart to follow
Be there no more need to hide

And if wishes and dreams
Are merely for children
And if love's a tale for fools
I'll live the dream with you

Poem:
“oh, if your words be to close me
I, my life will shut, very beautifully
Suddenly, as when the heart of this flower
Imagines the snow carefully, everywhere
descending”.

For all my life and forever
There's a truth I will always know
When my world divides and shatters
Your love is where I'll go

Poem:
“I do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens. Only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses.
Nobody, not even the rain has such small hands.”

No comments: