Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Banana Cake

I used to eat banana cake since I was in elementary but it's only now that I was able to obtain hands-on knowledge on how to bake it. My mother in law had this favorite banana cake recipe of hers given by her home-economics-teacher sister ages ago. It's written in a notebook including all the other recipes her sister kept during her bachelor days. We decided to bake it due to the plenty over-ripe bananas piled on the dining table.

I thought that most cakes are complicated to bake due to so many considerations on temperature, beating time, ingredients/pans used, etc. Count the banana cake off. It's like making a pancake where we just mixed all the ingredients, baked it then viola! A delectable banana cake! Now I know why banana cakes have these streaks of brown hair-like texture. It's the fiber in the banana.


Next time we'll create more variations by adding chocolate chips, walnuts, pineapple and even carrots! Coz baking it is truly a piece of cake. =)

No comments: