Friday, December 16, 2005

Big Baby!

We got the fetal growth monitoring result of our baby during my latest prenatal check-up last Saturday (12/10). She's already 3278 gms (approx 7.2lbs), too big for her gestational age of only 35.4 weeks! The last time we checked on her ultrasonic weight a month ago, she's only 2235 gms (approx 4.9 lbs). If we observe her growth rate, it averages at around 250 gms per week. Come her full term (37 weeks) on December 20, she'll be approximately 3778 gms (8.3 lbs) by then. Whoa! I'm not very certain if I can deliver her out normally the fact that this is my first pregnancy!

We'll be seeing again my OB on Dec 20. By then she can advise us on the best step to do whether to induce my labor or perform CS. She wants to deliver my baby as early as possible so it won't be gaining too much weight. Right now I'm stressing myself with much walking exercise to speed things up normally.

We're wishing our baby comes out before Christmas. It would be such a perfect gift for us =). Notwithstanding the fact that my husband wants to spend more time with her since he ‘s already scheduled for a 3-month business trip January next year.

No comments: