Sunday, December 04, 2005

Baby Showers

After a long argument and preparation with my bestfriend Phen on having a baby shower or not before our baby will be born, we decided to celebrate it over dinner with very closed friends only. Yesterday, (12/3/2005), my hubby and I met with 2 very dear friends at Megamall (sad to say one wasn't able to come, they're supposed to be 3). But we proceeded anyway coz I might not be able to attend if it would be rescheduled once more.

We feasted over an eat-all-you-can buffet, chit-chat on the latest happennings and had some good laughs. The night went well. We talked interminably as well as enjoyed taking pictures , we weren't able to keep track of the time. A 3-hour get-together is indeed very short for us coz we barely see each other now. We had a whole day spent merry-making when I lived in Las Pinas before, just within the vicinity where they also lived. Now I'm already in Marikina, can't go out with them that much and I missed the malls down south.

After the simple gift giving and favors, the ceremonial baby shower ended. But it was not more of the "tagged occassion" we're up to but with the bonding and special moments we shared in our friendship.

I somehow felt this superstitious feelings before on baby showers and buying baby stuffs. But I brushed it off by thinking that this little angel I'm carrying and I have already gone through so much sacrifices and trials but we remained strong, still holding on this 34th week. God gave her to us as a gift and blessing to shower happiness in our lives and we believe He won't take her away from us. =)

No comments: