Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Weekend Irony

I had my trip to my endocrinologist and OB-Gyne last Saturday (11/26/2005) for my routine check-up both for my Gestational Diabetes and prenatal. My hubby and I arrived very early at the hospital to avoid the long queue of patients because it’s a weekend. Though I was in the top 3 on their list, I was still served very late. I don’t understand why doctors can afford to let their patients wait too long. I’m paying too high for their PFs but they rob away from me my precious and productive time.

Anyway, I was very much happy with the results coz I’ll need insulin shots no more. My GDM was treated by the strict diet I’m following and daily monitoring of my blood sugar. Though it raised a concern since I lost 5 lbs in just two weeks (the fact that I’m pregnant), I was assured by my OB that there’s nothing much to worry about the weight loss. However, I still need to balance everything on what I eat, blood sugar level and weight gain which is too hard to juggle but I take it as a challenge.

Although it was a satisfactory trip at hospital, I thought I would be more delighted coz we’ll be visiting my family in Las Pinas after a month of not seeing them. I was wrong indeed!

If I was robbed away of my precious time at the hospital but was pleased with the results, at this point, I was very glad I got the chance to be with my family, but lost my sentimental and very expensive diamond ring instead. Someone took it away from my closet including some cash from my piggybank. =(

Experienced life’s paradox. I believe God design it that way for us to pursue His will and listen to His message for us. Though right now I still don’t know the implication of what had happened, I’m trying to comfort myself by counting and thanking Him for all the blessings I have. As the saying goes “It is the fire of suffering that brings forth the gold of godliness.” God used this circumstance to further develop my character and He has a purpose why I’m bombarded with a bunch of problems. His will be done on us.

No comments: