Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sleepless

I’ve been nursing my sick husband for the past two days now. He started with an aching throat that eventually developed into cough and fever. We have no idea what triggered it. Perhaps it was due to the changing weather or his tonsils were again infected. Remembered a year ago he was also sick this time of the year. He possibly had a biological timer that activates on a specific time.

Since I’m currently on my way, we have to sacrifice not to sleep together during the night as well as our cuddling. I was into too much not so good health conditions already during the early days of my pregnancy and we can no longer afford to let those circumstances happen again this time.

For the past two nights of sleeping alone in our bed (he had to sleep on his bro’s room whose running a tight shift at work), I’m sleepless, waking up twice or thrice in the middle of the night and waking up very early in the morning (usually 5am). I’m beginning to develop this uncomfortable feeling without my husband beside me. Coz I’m used to be cuddled every time I changed my sleep position. Pregnancy has really taken its toll on my slumber because of back and pelvic pains due to my ever growing belly.

Wish he’ll get better now. Not because he needed to go back to work but because I need him beside me at night so that me and our baby (inside my womb) will have a peaceful and comfortable sleep.

No comments: