Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nesting

I experienced this spurt of energy this morning to wash all our baby’s clothing. I believe this is a primal instinct in preparation for childbirth. I’ve read an article that this urge to clean and organize is no myth and it’s usually strongest just before the delivery. Well, I’m currently at 33 weeks, 4-7 weeks more to go. I still got so many things lined up:

  • iron our baby’s clothes
  • buy some more essential baby stuffs (crib mattress and beddings, sterilizer, diapers, additional feeding bottles and baby bath/cleaning stuffs)
  • pack birthing bag to take to hospital when the time comes
  • paint the den (previously an entertainment room in the house) so we could transfer our computer and TV to make room for the crib
  • walk, walk, walk, walk.. for a problem-free delivery

Did I miss something?

Women really undergo on so many life’s labor. The deed I made today is already a labor of love for our unborn baby. For the past 2 years (I think), today is the first time I washed clothes. Acquired four bruised fingers (I didn’t use the washing machine but hand-washed the clothes), but I don’t bother. Just like a bird picking up the finest twigs and nice spot for her nest, I’m doing this for the love of our upcoming little angel.

1 comment:

Rooboy said...

Hi Dudes,
Love your fruitcakes - my friends often tell me that I'm one - in the nicest possible way of course.

But really, Hard Rockeroids such as Moi, come from Uranus, not Mars nor Mercury and certainly not from this planet.

In my next life I'd like to come back as a juicy banana cake - a short by sweet life!

Good luck with the birth and get your baby gifts here.

:-)